Hello parents and teachers, With concerns growing over the coronavirus (COVID-19), we know many of you are making plans to keep learning going should your school need to close. With concerns growing over the coronavirus (COVID-19), we know many of you are making plans to keep learning going should your school need to close. As parents and teachers ourselves, we know there’s a lot on your minds, from health and safety to child care and jobs.
We want to do everything we can to support you. We are a nonprofit organization with free educational resources.
Here are guides we’ve created for you:
Khan Academy is a free resource for students, teachers, and parents.
What is Khan Academy? We offer exercises, quizzes, and tests so students can practice and master skills, as well as instructional videos to help students learn or review material.
- Khan Academy has a library of standards-aligned lessons covering kindergarten through early college math, grammar, science, history, AP® courses, SAT® preparation, and more.
- Students can practice skills with exercises, quizzes, and mastery challenges and get immediate feedback and support.
- Students without laptops can access the Khan Academy website or use the Khan Academy app on smartphones.
School and teacher resources: How can you use Khan Academy?
- Teachers can easily assign students an entire course—Algebra 1 or AP Biology, for example—a specific unit, or a specific skill.
- Teachers can easily track student progress with our reports.
photo credit: www.bluefield.edu